Hello! Thank you for purchasing one of Busy Bees’ Art-To-Go kits for lots of at-home painting FUN.
We want you to have the best experience with painting outside of our fun hive so here is some helpful information to make your projects a success.
- All of our pottery glazes are NON-toxic and cleanup easily with water but we recommend working on a covered surface (an apron or smock is good too).
- Choose the colors you want to work with and start with the lightest colors working up to the darkest.
- Use the appropriate size brush for the area that you are painting (big areas use a big brush, small areas use a small brush).
- We recommend 3 coats of glaze for solid coverage. Let the paint dry fully before adding the next coat. Paint will look dull and chalky when dry. The color is much lighter than what it will look like once fired.
- After your projects are dry, wrap them in a paper towel or napkin & return to Busy Bees for firing. We will notify you when your piece is fired and ready for pickup.
- Glazes (pottery paints) require an additional top glaze applied by The Bees at the studio and kiln firing to make your projects shiny, glossy and food safe!
We hope that you enjoy your time creating memories, we look forward to seeing you soon!
– Your Friends at Busy Bees <3
Mighty Tot Kits
Each Mighty Tot Kit comes with 3 pieces (each size is approximately 1.5″ to 2″ in height – small but mighty!). Select your 3 Mighty Tot choices from the selections below.